Intern with MWC
Are you interested in Women’s Issues? Do you want to get involved and make a difference?
Are you seeking a challenging learning opportunity and experience?
An internship at the Minnesota Women’s Consortium offers the opportunity to get politically involved and make a worthwhile contribution to the women’s movement.
- Learn about a multitude of women’s issues and efforts being made to promote and bring about equality of opportunity.
- Learn how public policy is made and how it affects women.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of an influential nonprofit women’s organization.
The ongoing Internship Program at the Minnesota Women’s Consortium is an opportunity for young women to learn about the realities of women’s issues, organizations, businesses and politics in Minnesota.
Learning Opportunities for Interns
- Learn about the goals/activities of member organizations and programs available in order to act as a knowledgeable resource for directing inquiries and requests for general and referral information.
- Learn how to access information by utilizing the formal and informal network system.
- Learn about the legislative process and government. Attend and report on meetings/hearings and review proposed legislation when the legislature is in session.
- Provide coordination assistance for major events and projects such as the Celebration fundraiser, the Minnesota Women’s Action Plan, and other meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Assist with the preparation for publication of other directories, newsletters, and publications. Update Special Reports and other brochures. Craft blog and Twitter entries.
- Assist the staff as needed with special projects and general office work, including answering the telephone and assisting with mailings.
We are currently accepting applications for a Communications and Development Intern. A full job description can be found here. The deadline for applying is December 20, 2014.
Comments or questions are welcome.